Do you have at least 2 years’ experience working with Raiser’s Edge?
Do you work well on a dynamic, passionate team that is dedicated to their mission?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Development and Database Associate for an Advocacy Organization. This position is based in Chicago (River North), IL.
ORGANIZATION: Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Chicago (River North), IL
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Development and Database Associate
DURATION: Full time, 3+ months
HOURLY PAY: $17.00-$20.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Nonprofit Development and Database Associate directly supports the Director of Development and is responsible for organizing and supporting the individual annual and major gift solicitation processes as well as managing its Raiser’s Edge donor database. The position is also responsible for conducting prospect research and providing analysis and reports related to finance and development departments. This is a great opportunity for someone who is currently unemployed and looking to start a new position ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 2+ years professional experience working in Raiser’s Edge
- Previous fundraising event experience preferred
- Experience in managing donor communications and marketing
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive information and material in a discretionary manner
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Meets commitments and deadlines on a consistent and timely basis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills in coordinating assignments and meeting deadlines
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Maintain the Donor Moves Management Strategy: Process and develop strategies to move donors through both Annual Fund and Major Gifts pipelines
- Assist the Director of Development in planning, organizing, coordinating, promoting, and facilitating fundraising for events including major donor events and annual Gala
- Produce regular donor communications, correspondences, and publications to cultivate and steward donors
- Produce solicitation correspondences for both Annual Fund and Major Gifts appeals
- Research Prospective Donors (both new and lapsed) to support individual giving efforts
- Research new opportunities for donor cultivation and stewardship for annual donors, major gifts prospects, and planned giving prospects
- Work with the Director of Development to create a culture of success in both the organization’s Resource Development Committee (fundraising committee of the board) and $1million Matching Challenge Committee
- Support the Director of Development and the President and CEO to carry-out fundraising efforts (i.e. staffing phone calls, drafting letters and emails, etc.)
- Manage the gift entry process (including receipting, reporting, and donor acknowledgement)
- Coordinate mailings and lists from Raiser’s Edge
- Produce monthly reconciliation reports with the Finance Department, and maintain a cumulative fiscal year budget and discrepancy worksheet
- Maintain up-to-date lists for the annual appeals
- Operate and organize the Moves Management Donor process within Raiser’s Edge
- Collaborate with development staff to produce reports and donation queries
- Produce quarterly database clean-ups to maintain database integrity
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.