Are you seeking an exciting opportunity with an environmental nonprofit organization? Do you enjoy engaging with your community and donors?
We are currently in search of a Development Assistant for an Environmental Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a temporary position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Development Assistant
Is This Your Dream Job? As a Development Assistant, you will contribute to the organization by helping the Development Department meet fundraising goals through event and data entry support. Your main responsibilities will include participating in all fundraising and donor cultivation activities, by providing administrative support to the department. You will be seeking an opportunity to grow professionally and serve in a key role for the organization. If you are a highly organized, self-motivated, donor-oriented, friendly, and creative team player, you are encouraged to apply.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-4 years of experience
- Experience working in a nonprofit setting on a fundraising or communications team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Familiarity with PatronManager, Salesforce or comparable CRM
- Enjoys engaging with donors, team members, and community
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Problem solver with the ability to organize a dynamic workload, prioritize multiple projects, and remain productive and accurate under pressure
- Has a friendly, approachable, and can-do attitude
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Participate in all areas of fundraising by providing administrative support
- Perform gift entry, receipting, and donor acknowledgment
- Ensure that constituent records are accurate and complete; assist with database cleanup, reporting, and event tracking, as needed
- Contribute to and produce print and electronic donor correspondence
- Prepare and assemble donor mailings
- Assist with event planning, logistics, and reporting, as needed
- Support donor cultivation and stewardship efforts with Development team
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.