Are you a detail-oriented development professional who also possesses strong communication skills? Are you passionate about providing services in the Bay Area housing crisis?
We are currently in search of a Development Assistant for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a temp to perm assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Development Assistant
HOURS: 9:00am – 5:00pm (3 Days a Week)
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Development Assistant reporting to the Development Director, you will be responsible for providing excellent administrative support to the development team. In addition to administrative duties, you will manage the Salesforce database through thorough and complete donor data entry, generating thank you notes, updating records and communicating with donors.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1+ years of development support experience
- Strong communications skills
- Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge experience required
- High proficiency at Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent time management skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Inputting donor information into Salesforce database
- Generating communications to donors
- Supporting the grant writing process
- Organize meetings, events and conferences
- Drafting correspondence by phone, email and for media with external partners
- Managing Salesforce database to maintain donor information
- Coordinating events and communicating effectively
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.