Do you love story-telling? Are you a strong grant writer?
Are you passionate about being involved in your community and highly motivated to make a positive, growing impact?
Do you have 5+ years of experience in development and communications?
We are currently in search of a Development Manager for an Education Organization. The position is based in Arlington, VA. This is a Full Time, Permanent role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Education Organization
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
POSITION TITLE: Development Manager
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $80,000 – 85,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for developing and implementing a fundraising plan for the organization, with a strong focus on grant writing and management. The Development Manager will work in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment. They will be excited to bring their background and enthusiasm to this role. The candidate will work with the Executive Director and staff to secure all resources to support the organization’s programmatic expansion.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in development, grant writing and grant management
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- High proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; donor relationship management and CRM software including, Little Green Light, email marketing and social media marketing
- Evidence of successful grant proposals
- Entrepreneurial with the ability to be adaptable and detail-oriented
- Can work independently and manage multiple deadlines
- Proven strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong background in cultivating relationships
- Knowledge of educational issues impacting immigrant children
- Background in working for a community-focused organization
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work with ED to develop and implement a strategic plan for fundraising
- Writing and managing past, present, and future grant proposals
- Cultivate new relationship that will generate recognition and revenue
- Oversee the development of marketing and fundraising materials; including event promotion, sponsorship solicitations, appeal letters, donor engagement material, annual reports, letters of inquiry and ensuring high quality output
- Prospect research, track donor advancement and maintain communications with donors and the community
- Fulfill grant reporting requirements
- Plan and execute annual Gala
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Have you heard of GROWTHtrack? Sign up today for this FREE professional development webinar designed for your professional progress at careersinnonprofits.com/growthtrack. Conducted weekly.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.