Are you passionate about helping families in crisis and improving healthcare?
Do you have 5+ years of development and public speaking experience?
We are currently in search of a Development Manager for a Family Services Healthcare Nonprofit. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Family Services Healthcare Nonprofit
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Development Manager
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $65,000 – 70,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the VP of Development, this position will focus on meeting Charity fundraising goals through a variety of events, public grants, and individual donor funding sources. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who can manage and deliver on multiple projects to timelines, build the pipeline for and cultivate potential donors. This person will work closely with the organization’s staff and Board of Directors to manage the Charity’s signature event. The candidate will be a detailed and interpersonal individual that has a strong sense of independence and can handle multiple deadlines/projects.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of fundraising and development experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization, ideally in healthcare
- Bachelor’s degree and valid driver’s license required
- Comfortable speaking on behalf of the charity at corporate and workplace giving opportunities
- Has experience working in the DC marketplace and attending donor meetings
- Experience with research and proposal writing, additional experience making asks and soliciting corporate sponsorships is ideal
- Has experience taking on responsibilities at community events while representing an organization
- Results-oriented with an emphasis on maximizing fundraising efforts
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage all projects related to the annual charity event, coordinating staff and volunteers and soliciting corporate donors
- Collaborate with the VP, Development to write effective and compelling proposals, refine development strategy and offer ideas
- Conduct research to identify institutional and public prospects to expand the organization’s grant portfolio
- Manage and ensure all event data is accurate
- Implement new and creative methods for increasing fundraising and community involvement
- Interacts with a diverse groups of people with clear and concise presentation of Charity’s goals
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.