Do you have 5+ years’ experience in development and strategic planning?
Are you looking to support a growing, mission-driven team and their fundraising efforts?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Development Manager for a Community Organization. The position is based in South Chicago, IL. This is a Temporary to Permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community Organization
LOCATION: South Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Development Manager
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: Full time, 35-40 hours/week
DELIVERY: Remote and on-site
HOURLY PAY: $23.00-$27.00/hour
SALARY EXPECTATION: $45,000-$55,000/year
Is This Your Dream Job? The Nonprofit Development Manager supports all functions of fund development and donor relations. The Nonprofit Development Manager will manage an integral part of the growth and development of the organization. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and is a member of the Senior Leadership. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start an opportunity right away!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in professional fundraising, 2+ years of experience supervising staff
- Grants management and/or proposal experience preferred
- Capability of working with a wide range of people and build strong, successful teams
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising, knowledge in housing financing is a plus
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships
- Be a self-starter and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate a strong presence, and good listening ability
How You Will Spend Your Day:
Grants Administration and Management (60%)
- Work with internal and external partners to draft and edit proposals and reports
- Track proposal and reporting deadlines, ensure that all submitted materials are accurate and comply with any funder requirements
- Manage all grant activity in a central database and deliver regular reports to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Manage and track funder communications for organization and ensure the production of high quality, error-free materials, funder reports, annual reports, annual appeals and electronic messaging
Fundraising and Donor Cultivation (15%)
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to engage them more deeply in the fundraising process and to help cultivate a strong relationship between board members and the organization.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking system
- Solicit contributions from major individual donors and steward long-term relationships with donors
- Develop relationships with prospective individual and foundation donors to increase funding
- Plan and execute both fundraising and/or cultivation events with assistance from staff
- Create and maintain gift recognition programs
Leadership and Strategic Planning (15%)
- Work closely with the team to establish fundraising goals, set strategic priorities, and advise on program development.
- Stay abreast of philanthropic trends and ensure that board and staff are informed of emerging opportunities as well as changes that might impact giving
- Work to identify and pursue opportunities/models to develop non-foundation income streams for the organization (e.g. earned income, fee-for-service, etc.)
- Cultivates high-level relationships with program officers and other foundation leaders and individual donors of interest.
- Assist in creation and staff Board Development Committee
Prospect Research (10%)
- Track the implementation of ongoing programs to improve the renewal rates of existing annual donors, creatively use events to upgrade donors and maintain a diversity of revenue
- Research prospective institutional and individual funders
- Track cultivation and prospecting activity and ensure the execution of action items
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.