Are you passionate about being involved in your community with the opportunity to create a development program?
Do you have 3+ years of experience in development, communications/sales or political fundraising?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Development Manager for a Community-Driven Museum. The position is based in Sandy Spring, MD. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community-Driven Museum
LOCATION: Sandy Spring, MD
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Development Manager
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $70,000 – 75,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for developing and implementing a fundraising plan for the organization, with a focus on major gifts and planned giving. The candidate will create a strategy to cultivate and steward individual, corporate and foundation donors, and conduct prospect research. They will be excited to bring their background and enthusiasm to this newly created role. The candidate will be an interpersonal and flexible individual that has a strong sense of independence and can handle multiple deadlines/projects.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of experience in development, communications/sales, or political fundraising
- Experience with direct experience making asks is highly preferred
- Strong background in cultivating relationships
- Experience in prospect research
- Demonstrated ability to develop proactive prospecting methodologies
- Background in working for a community-focused organization
- Can work independently and manage multiple deadlines
- Entrepreneurial with the ability to be adaptable and change plans
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work with the ED and Board to develop and implement a strategic plan for fundraising efforts
- Create and steward a major gifts portfolio of 50 – 75 individuals
- Plan and attend individual prospect meetings
- Develop and implement an annual giving plan, retaining existing donors and cultivating new donors
- Prospect research and track donor advancement, creating order to the donor list
- Lead the drive for endowment gifts and bequests
- Plan and execute fundraising events
- Some evening and weekend events are necessary
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Have you heard of GROWTHtrack? Sign up today for this FREE professional development webinar designed for your professional progress at careersinnonprofits.com/growthtrack. Conducted weekly.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.