Are you passionate about advocating for human rights on an international scale?
Do you have 3+ years nonprofit development experience and excellent writing skills?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Development/Office Manager for an International Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Development/Office Manager
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $65,000 – 70,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the office and implementing strategies to grow the organization’s fundraising portfolio, with a focus on major donors and growing the annual fund. The candidate will conduct prospect research, steward donors and write grant proposals to foundations. The candidate will also manage vendors, the ED’s calendar and overall office efficiency. This person will be excited to bring their administrative and development background to a dynamic team. The candidate will be a highly organized individual that takes initiative and can handle multiple deadlines/projects.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Background years of development experience in a nonprofit, as well as office management in working with different type of individual donors, comfortable with stewardship communications
- Excellent writing skills, preferred experience writing grants to foundations and conducting the prospect research
- Administrative background, with a demonstrated ability to manage operational duties and keep an office organized
- Strong knowledge of Excel required and experience with CRM databases, specifically Salesforce preferred
- Knowledge of French is a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the small office, developing policies and procedures to ensure the office is organized and runs smoothly
- Communicate with vendors, work with the Accountant and be the point-person for the organization’s communications
- Implement strategies to grow the annual fund from major donors
- Conduct prospect research and write grants, also monitoring incoming donations
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar and travel logistics, including international travel
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Have you heard of GROWTHtrack? Sign up today for this FREE professional development webinar designed for your professional progress at careersinnonprofits.com/growthtrack. Conducted weekly.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.