Do you have 1+ year of development experience?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Development Specialist for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Washington DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (SE)
POSITION TITLE: Development Specialist
DURATION: Temporary (~1-2 months)
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $15.00-16.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Development Specialist will provide administrative support to fundraising activities during a busy time.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 1 year of nonprofit experience required
- Must be proficient with a donor database, Raiser’s Edge preferred
- High school diploma required, Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Prior fundraising experience preferred
- Must have excellent writing and proof-reading skills
- Organized, willing to jump in where needed
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Process acknowledgment letters
- Update donor information in Raiser’s Edge
- Provide donor reports as needed
- Engage volunteers regularly with the goal of converting them into long-term participants
- Monitor supplies for mailings and place orders as needed
- Process large donor mailings
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Have you heard of GROWTHtrack? Sign up today for this FREE professional development webinar designed for your professional progress at careersinnonprofits.com/growthtrack. Conducted weekly.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.