We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Director of Board Strategy & Operations for an Environmental Organization. This is a full-time, permanent position and is based in San Francisco, CA.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Board Strategy & Operations
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job? The Director of Board Strategy & Operations serves as the lead liaison to the national Board of Directors, responsible for creating, directing and overseeing the organization’s strategies to engage and develop board members to support the mission, vision, and strategic plans of the organization. This individual will help shape and implement best board practices and procedures as the primary organizational spokesperson of the Board of Directors, serving as a key collaborator between the board and staff nation-wide and working closely with organizational leadership. The Organization is seeking a motivational leader, who excels at building relationships and can help the organization strategically grow its effectiveness and reach through board strategy, engagement and growth.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 3-5 years of related nonprofit experience required including fundraising, preferably with experience training or coaching volunteers/board members
- Ability to recruit, train, direct and lead a growing group of volunteers toward achieving the goals of the organization
- Evidence of effective fundraising record, including cultivation and stewardship of major donors
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all staff as well as C-suite level board members
- Proficiency creating strategic events and experiences both small and large scale with a focus on engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Flexible hours required, must be willing to work weekends and travel nationwide
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- On behalf of President, serve as lead liaison to the national board of directors in communicating updates between the board and key leadership staff
- Acts as board facilitator and trainer in effective decision-making, directing and tracking progress on board leadership strategy and key initiatives, and removing roadblocks
- Develops strategies and best practices for building and enhancing advisory boards, recruiting and retaining effective volunteers, and inspiring and engaging volunteer leaders
- Oversees all organization’s volunteer engagement programs, protocols and provides guidance to staff on volunteer leadership matters
- Leads and helps create and implement best board practices and procedures
- Collaborates with CEO, board leadership and operations staff to plan agendas and event details for national board meetings and events
- In collaboration with the CEO and Board, supports reporting of strategic and operational plans
- Supervises a direct report in strategy and operations
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Board Strategy & Operations” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers in Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.