We are currently in search of a Director of Development for a social justice organization that impacts international lives. The position is based in Marin County, CA.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Justice Organization with an International Focus
LOCATION: Marin County, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will serve as an essential member of the team. You will create and implement a 3-5-year strategic fundraising plan, secure individual donor and foundation gifts at all levels, and plan and execute a direct mail campaign. As the Director of Development, you will mentor and supervise two development team members.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5+ years of nonprofit fundraising experience
- 3+ years of experience leading a fundraising campaign (direct mail, major gifts, annual fund, etc.) and/or development team, preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated track record of cultivating individual major donors and securing six-figure donations
- Experience with donor cultivation and stewardship, and interest in learning and executing on new fundraising strategies
- Direct mail experience, preferred; knowledge of grants, preferred
- Motivational mentor, able to inspire others and a strong team player with a positive mindset
- Ability to keep projects deadlines on track and create structure, while remaining flexible and adaptable in working with others
- Can work cross-functionally and maintain cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, collaborative in working cross-functionally with team members, CEO, President, and a board of directors to accomplish tasks and initiatives
- Results-oriented and creative, solution-focused, with an ability to consistently meet fundraising goals, as well as experience building a strategic vision
- Competent in using a fundraising database and related tools
- Commitment to organization’s mission and value, with an understanding of diverse populations
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work with CEO and President to create and implement annual fundraising goals and a 3-5-year strategic plan
- Lead the development and implementation of strategic plan
- Maintain strong relationships with individual donors at all levels and actively strategize to grow the individual giving program
- Oversee solicitations and secure major gifts from individual, foundation, and corporate donors to successfully meet yearly fundraising goals and initiate future goals
- Motivate and mentor a Development Assistant and a Grants & Donor Communications Manager; set goals for team members and support them in meeting these goals
- Lead and mentor Development staff, offering guidance and expertise on fundraising strategy and best practices
- Ensure the creation of high-quality collateral material to include a direct mail campaign, brochures, newsletters, etc.
- Regularly communicate with and partner with team members abroad to ensure messaging and branding are consistent across all channels
- Oversee database management, ensuring accurate data entry and reports
- Serve as the “face” of the organization and as a direct line of communication for all donors; educate community members on the organization’s current and future programs/ services
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Development” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.