We are currently in search of a Director of Development for a Social Justice Organization that supports Bay Area families. The position is based in Santa Clara County, CA. This is a permanent, full-time role with some schedule flexibility.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Justice Organization
LOCATION: Santa Clara County, CA.
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
SALARY: $100K – $120K
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director, you will serve as an essential member of the Leadership team to secure corporate, institutional and individual donations and utilize their upcoming milestone anniversary to grow fundraising overall. You will be actively leading all strategic efforts for partnership building to support an annual $6.5M budget, with a large majority of fundraising focused on corporate and in-kind gifts, and the goal of building out a more robust major donor giving program. As the Director of Development, you will mentor and supervise a development team within a growing organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7+ years of nonprofit experience, with 3-5+ years in staff management
- 3-5+ years in fundraising (corporate fundraising a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to secure five and six figure gifts through donor acquisition, renewal and stewardship (corporate or individual)
- Experience working with nonprofit fundraising databases (Salesforce a plus) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Passionate about serving children and families
- Experience working with and engaging a large variety of supporters – corporate and individual donors, volunteers and board through event sponsorship, in-kind donation and major gifts
- Strong communication skills and can-do attitude to work cross-functionally with marketing and events team, and jump in wherever needed
- Comfortable leading/ inspiring a team of development professionals, working collaboratively, and being a strong team player; possess a positive and entrepreneurial mindset
- Outgoing, metrics-driven personality with a solid history of managing relationships and serving as a leader within an organization
- Bachelor’s Degree
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage a team of development professionals
- Actively strategize solicitations and secure major gifts from corporate, individual and foundation donors to successfully meet yearly fundraising goals
- Build strong relationships with prospective and current donors
- Lead and mentor Development staff, offering guidance and expertise on fundraising strategy and best practices
- Serve as a liaison to the Board of Directors to present consistent fundraising/organizational updates; manage and track department budget
- Collaborate with Events team on event coordination as it pertains to corporate sponsorships and donor engagement
- Serve as the “face” of the organization and as a direct line of communication for all donors; educate community members on the organization’s current and future programs/ services
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Development” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.