Are you passionate about being involved in your community and highly motivated to make a positive, growing impact?
Are you a high energy, results driven individual that gets excited by goals and growth?
Do you have 5+ years of experience in development and communications?
We are currently in search of a Director of Development for an Education Organization. The position is based in Arlington, VA. This is a Full Time, Permanent role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Education Organization
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $85,000 – $95,000/annually + Great Benefits and Perks
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for developing and implementing a fundraising plan for the organization that emphasizes expansion and growth, with a strong focus on grant writing and management. The Director of Development will work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, goal oriented, and results focused environment. They will be excited to bring their creativity and enthusiasm to this role, while collaborating with a small development team. The candidate will work with the Executive Director and staff to secure all resources to support the organization’s programmatic expansion.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in development, grant writing and grant management
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, donor relationship management and CRM software including Salsa; as well as email marketing and social media marketing
- A history of managing successful grant proposals
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to be adaptable in consistently changing situations while remaining detail-oriented
- Can work independently and manage multiple deadlines
- Proven strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong background in cultivating relationships
- Knowledge of educational issues impacting immigrant children
- Background in working for a community-focused organization
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work with ED and development team (3 total) to develop and implement a strategic plan for fundraising
- Writing and managing past, present, and future grant proposals (9-10 per month)
- Cultivate new relationships that will generate recognition and revenue
- Oversee the development of marketing and fundraising materials; including event promotion, sponsorship solicitations, appeal letters, donor engagement material, annual reports, letters of inquiry and ensuring high quality output
- Prospect research, track donor advancement and maintain communications with donors and the community
- Fulfill grant reporting requirements
- Plan and execute annual Gala
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.