Are you a Facilities/Operations professional who takes pride in the building and grounds maintenance for all to enjoy? Do you have a background in construction, maintenance, facilities, engineering and/or operations and want to make a difference in the lives of others?
We are currently in search of a Director of Facilities for a social service nonprofit organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a full-time permanent role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Facilities
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Director of Facilities, you will the organization in critical long-term projects as well as everyday upkeep of a beautiful and unique property impacting the lives of others. You will be responsible for the facilities’ safety, function and improvements over time. Working closely with the Facilities Team, you will work on and complete various projects and requested work orders.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in building and site maintenance, operations and/or similar
- Experience supervising staff
- Working knowledge of building and grounds maintenance and landscape design, with ability to oversee outside vendors and work plans
- Familiar with building codes and compliance and safety regulations
- Experience overseeing budgets and expenses, inventory management
- Comfortable using a database, spreadsheet and other software
- Time management and excellent organizational skills
- Both detail-oriented for everyday operations as well as strategic in long-term maintenance projects for organization
- Flexible and adaptable with exceptional customer service mentality
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, but also a team player
- Strong and effective written/verbal communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Creation and implementation of an overall facilities plan including maintenance of building and grounds, safety and physical asset management
- Proactively ensures timely, organized and productive new construction, building and grounds maintenance
- Budget and financial records management
- Oversees hiring, supervision and performance of a small facilities team
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local safety regulations
- Responds and develops solutions for emergencies and ensures response is timely and professional
- Perform typical maintenance tasks to support the assembly floor and the entire facility
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Facilities” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.