Are you a finance professional looking to impact the lives of local youth?
We are currently in search of a Director of Finance and Human Resources for a Youth-Focused Nonprofit. The position is based in San Francisco, CA (opportunity to work remotely). This is a full-time opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Youth-Focused Nonprofit
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA (with opportunity to work remotely)
POSITION TITLE: Director of Finance and Human Resources
ANNUAL SALARY: $90-105K
Is This Your Dream Job? The Director of Finance and HR will report directly to the organization’s Chief Executive Officer and serve as an integral member of the senior staff. You would be responsible for the organization’s financial well-being, overseeing a variety of financial and human resources responsibilities for the organization. The Director of Finance and HR will also help to scale these areas as the organization grows and ensure that these systems advance the organizations’ strategic growth plan, comply with all relevant laws, maximize operational resources, and incorporate industry best practices. You would also work closely with the Chief Program Officer, Chief Development Officer, Chief Technology Officer and the Board.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of nonprofit finance required; human resource experience, a plus
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Adept in QuickBooks and Excel
- Experience with Salesforce desirable
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Desire to work with a growing and collaborative nonprofit a must
- Excellent judgement and attention to detail
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Oversee financial operations, including banking, bookkeeping, payroll, and accounting
- Monitor cash flow; manage payables, receivables, invoicing process, loans and line of credit
- Update and implement Financial Policy and Procedures manual, maintain checklists required for best practices and compliance for financial management
- Maintain relationship with professional investment managers for endowment
- Monitor costs of services at program sites
- Produce monthly and quarterly financial reports for staff and Board of Directors
- Oversee annual audit process
- Ensure timely submission of 990 tax returns
- Participate in Board Finance Committee
- Work closely with development team to identify gaps between projected expenses and secured revenue
- Prepare budgets required for grant applications and donor solicitations
- Prepare financial reports for institutional funders (foundations, government agencies) and for periodic donor updates
- Coordinate reconciliation of Salesforce donor database and QuickBooks accounting systems
- Oversee employee benefits, including 401k retirement investment plan
- Manage relationships with labor-law lawyers if and as needed (pro bono or contract)
- Proactively assess risk exposure, finance and liability scenarios
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, please submit your resume to Lisa McIntire at email@example.com.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to refer them our way, or send us their name and we can reach out.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.