We are currently in search of a Director of Fund Development & Marketing for a social justice organization. The position is based in San Mateo County, CA.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Local social justice nonprofit
LOCATION: San Mateo County, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Fund Development & Marketing
SALARY: $115K – $125K
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will serve as an essential member of the Leadership team to secure government, corporate, institutional and individual donations at all levels, as well as special events, marketing and communications strategies as well. As the Director of Fund Development & Marketing, you will mentor and supervise a development and marketing team within a growing organization to impact the lives of youth and families in need.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of fundraising/development experience, with some staff management and leadership experience
- Motivational leader, able to inspire a team of development and marketing professionals, and being a strong team player with a positive mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, collaborative in working cross-functionally and with a board of directors to accomplish tasks and initiatives
- Experience with donor cultivation and stewardship, and interest in learning and carrying out a new fundraising model
- Results-oriented and creative, solution-focused, with an ability to consistently meet fundraising goals, as well as experience building a strategic vision
- Metrics-driven personality, using data to inform strategic direction and decision making
- Competent in using a fundraising database and related tools
- Commitment to organization’s mission and value, with an understanding of diverse populations
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Motivate development team and other staff in actively leading all strategic efforts in building out the donor pipeline while adhering to a new fundraising model and system to achieve and grow fundraising goals
- Actively strategize to grow the individual giving program – solicitations and secure major gifts from individual, corporate, and foundation donors to successfully meet yearly fundraising goals and initiate future goals.
- Consistently manage current annual donor portfolio, prospect at all levels and build strong relationships with prospective and current donors
- Lead and mentor Development staff, offering guidance and expertise on fundraising strategy and best practices
- Serve as a liaison to the Board of Directors to present consistent fundraising/organizational updates; manage and track department budget
- Support the long-term tracking goals of the department, as well as the organization
- Serve as the “face” of the organization and as a direct line of communication for all donors; educate community members on the organization’s current and future programs/ services
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Fund Development & Marketing” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.