Are you passionate about social services?
Do you excel at implementing systems and processes?
Do you believe in the importance of a strong organizational culture?
We are currently in search of a nonprofit Director of Human Resources for a Nonprofit Social Services/Social Justice Organization. The position is based in San Mateo County, CA. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Nonprofit Social Services/Social Justice
LOCATION: San Mateo County, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Human Resources
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job? The Director of Human Resources reports to the Chief Financial Officer and will be the primary point of contact and resource for a large staff in regards to personnel policies, organizational rules and regulations, payroll, and benefits. This includes onboarding all staff and collaborating in onboarding interns and volunteers; planning for a return to work; managing employee relations; and incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusion into human resources policies and procedures. This individual will also supervise a Payroll Clerk and HR/Payroll Specialist. The organization is seeking someone with strong human resources knowledge who is approachable yet firm, and is a quick learner and excellent communicator. The organization has great benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 403(b), flex plan, and vacation/sick/personal time.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years’ qualified experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, SHRM or PHR certification preferred, or equivalent experience
- Excellent technical skills, including experience with HRIS systems (Paylocity and NOVAtime a plus), MS Office Suite and Zoom
- Excellent knowledge of human resources policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of benefits administration (group medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, flex plan, and 403(b) retirement plans)
- Knowledge of Workers’ Compensation
- Ability to collect, audit, compile, report, and analyze data
- Ability to make logical decisions, and use sound judgment
- Ability to work collaboratively with team or independently with little direction
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Focuses on projects to increase and celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion and improve overall staff culture
- Ensures that all the necessary paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner in compliance with all legal requirements
- Maintains employee personnel files ensuring files are in compliance with state/federal law
- Reviews all payroll authorizations for accuracy and compliance
- Review benefits data for accuracy and provide semi-annual and annual analysis for CFO
- Oversees the coordination of Health Benefits and ensures eligible employees are offered medical, dental, etc. plan options
- Handles 403B employee/employer contributions and Flex Plan employee contributions with necessary reporting/reconciling each payroll
- Process employee terminations to ensure organization practices are in compliance
- Oversee Workers’ Compensation billing and reporting requirements
- Responsible for placing staff recruiting ads with appropriate advertisers
- Maintains legal files
- Assists with personnel audits for funding contracts and general audit
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Human Resources” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.