Are you a dynamic legislative/government affairs professional?
Are you a motivated self-starter and strategic thinker?
We are currently in search of a Director of Policy and Advocacy for a Health Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. or Remote. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Health Advocacy-Based Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC preferred, Remote is possible
POSITION TITLE: Director of Policy and Advocacy
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $85,000 – $90,000/annually
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the Executive Director, this role is responsible for building relationships with Congressional, State and Federal agencies, gaining support for and advancing programs. This candidate will monitor and take action on all related legislation, tracking bills and preparing fact sheets as well as testimony. The role requires the candidate to speak publicly, travel, represent the organization and be intuitive with public affairs. The candidate will develop grassroots advocacy capacity amongst membership groups and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. The candidate will be a strategic thinker and strong communicator that is highly organized and eager to bring their advocacy background to a dynamic group of hard-working professionals.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in policy and advocacy
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Preferred experience in health and addiction policy, public health lobbying at the national and state level is ideal
- Proven success in legislative affairs and gaining support/funding
- Experience working nationally and advocating in multiple states
- Adaptable and can balance many projects, independent and can work with a collaborative team
- Background developing and executing an annual advocacy plan
- Strategic, transparent and innovative
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Build relationships with federal and state agencies, with a focus on maximizing opportunities at the state level and advancing programs
- Advise Board of Directors and staff on policy directives
- Engage in the development and implementation of state, tribal and local regulations
- Monitor and take action on all relevant legislation
- Build and maintain relationships with other industry trade associations and stakeholders
- Travel will be required, up to 25% and international
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Policy and Advocacy” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.