We are currently in search of an Engagement Officer for a Global Policy Nonprofit Organization. The position is based in Washington, D.C.. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
NONPROFIT TYPE: Global Policy
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
POSITION TITLE: Engagement Officer
SALARY: $90K – $102K
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Head of Communications Team, the Engagement Officer is an important role that will act as a liaison between the organization and various public as well as online stakeholders focused on global online communication regulations. Strong communication skills will be used to collect ideas to promote respect for freedom of expression and human rights online. If you are interested in joining a high-profile, global organization that will shape the future of online freedom of expression, this could be the ideal position for you.
Our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong experience with engaging stakeholders and in public affairs/relations
- Has a comprehensive and current understanding of global human rights policies
- Is an excellent verbal and written communicator that can connect with a variety of people
- Has experience working in multiple countries, knowledge of languages preferred
- Connections or experience with a think tank focused on global human rights preferred
How you will spend your day:
- Engaging various stakeholders in the mission of the organization as well as current global trends
- Working with a team to develop a strategy for global communication policies
- Communicating findings with internal leadership in order to make policy recommendations
- Developing communication materials that are compelling and support stakeholder engagement
- Identifying and locating various stakeholder groups and monitoring global developments
- Attending conferences and events, including public speaking, to promote the mission of the organization
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to email@example.com with “Engagement Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regards to your application in response to this ad.