Do you have event coordination experience?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of an Event Assistant for a Healthcare Association. The position is based in Washington DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Healthcare Association
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Event Assistant
DURATION: Temporary, (~2-3 months)
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $16.00-$18.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Event Assistant will work with programming in the Education Department to prepare for a large annual conference at the end of March. Depending on performance and availability, this could be a temporary to permanent opportunity.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 3 years of administrative experience required
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail required
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Prior experience with meeting and conference planning preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Send out invitations to speakers and back-up speakers
- Work with IT to design online registration portals
- Track logistics including disclosures, travel/lodging reimbursements, conference registration and meeting spaces
- Review program courses and presentations, making modifications as needed
- Communicate with registrants about course enrollment
- Coordinate with other departments as needed
- Keep track of outcomes and reports of the event for later review
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.