Do you have experience planning, coordinating and executing events?
Are you a resilient self-starter that wants to join a dynamic team focused on advocacy and serving others?
We are currently in search of an Events Coordinator for a Religious Based Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Lansdowne, VA. This is a Permanent, Full-Time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Religious Based Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Lansdowne, VA
POSITION TITLE: Events Coordinator
SALARY: $55,000 – $65,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Senior Director, this new role is responsible for supporting the planning and management of the organization’s events. The candidate will serve as the liaison between the Director and other teams, as well as the external event coordinators and volunteers. This candidate will manage mailing lists, schedules, contracts, and the online ticketing broker, and travel to events as needed. This role plays an integral part in gaining sponsorships and supporting the organization’s programs. The candidate will be a self-starter, eager to help, excited to bring their administrative and events management background to a growing team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 4+ years of experience in events (i.e. concerts, churches, venues) – coordinating, ticketing, communicating with vendors and overseeing from design to execution
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Detail-oriented, self-starter and confident in their abilities to solve a problem
- Comfortable with InDesign, Photoshop, and creating financial reports through Excel
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Flexible, adaptable and takes the initiative when they see a problem
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Experience with child sponsorships is a big plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Assist in booking, coordinating and overseeing the events of the organization as well as corporate sponsorship acquisition channels
- Provide support and assistance to the Senior Director, managing mailing lists, e-blasts, bookings, and tracking schedules
- Act as liaison between teams, ensuring everyone is updated and integrated
- Manage contractors to ensure promo materials are created and distributed
- Alternate “on-call” duties with the Senior Director
- Travel to events as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.