Are you a proactive, self-starter looking for a diverse role?
Do you have at least 2+ years of experience in managing events?
We are currently in search of an Events Manager for an Educational Program.
ORGANIZATION: Educational Program
LOCATION: Northbrook, IL
POSITION TITLE: Events Manager
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
HOURLY PAY: $17.00 – $20.00/hour
Annual Pay: $45,000 – $48,000
Is This Your Dream Job? The Events Manager is responsible for the everyday project management and full-scale execution of the organizations two major fundraising events, along with several smaller fundraising and stewardship events throughout the year. There may also be occasions where the Events Manager will assist the department with other duties as needed. This position is highly visible, and interacts with staff, donors and vendors. The Events Manager will be expected to understand and articulate organizations mission, vision and values. Typical work hours are Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week, including occasional evenings and weekends with an expanded workload during scheduled events.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience managing large (200+ guests) fundraising special events, 3 or more years preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong multitasking and problem-solving skills with the ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong judgment with the ability to adapt and respond to change
- Familiar with donor management database necessary, experience with Results Plus a plus
- Experience working with an online auction/mobile bidding company, experience with Auction & Event Solutions (AES) a plus
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car required
- Capable of occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
- Knowledge of the process and techniques necessary to execute a fundraising event
- Ability to communicate clearly, pay attention to detail, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Ability to attend special events, inclusive of those that occur in the evening and on weekends
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Two Major Events
- Manages the coordination and implementation for two major fundraising galas with 240 – 260 guests. These events include a dinner, program, live and silent auctions, and a raffle.
- The Events Manager will be the primary liaison and support for a volunteer committee comprised of board members and donors. The Manager will schedule committee meetings, prepare all correspondence, and follow up with committee members on outstanding items.
- Additional duties: Communicate and contract with all vendors, coordinate assistance needed from staff members in the weeks prior to the event and the day-of-event, produce all event printed material (with the assistance of a graphic designer where needed), manage all logistics the day of the event, maintain accurate financial records, and prepare post-event reporting.
- The Events Manager will coordinate and manage several smaller stewardship and fundraising events throughout the year. These events typically do not include auctions or raffles, and are opportunities to meet with small groups of donors. These may include luncheons, cocktail receptions, and church visits. The Events Manager also assists as needed with events for staff and for parents of our students.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.