We are currently in search of an Executive Assistant for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Executive Assistant, you will provide a wide variety of high-level support to the Chief Executive Officer. Possessing a high-level of professionalism and attention to detail, you will be a seasoned administrative professional with experience managing calendars, office systems, and travel arrangements. You will also participate as a consistent thought partner to the CEO and be a delegated authority in decision making and problem solving. As the Executive Assistant, you will ensure maximum, effective workflow and outcomes for the President’s office by providing logistical support and time management. The Executive Assistant will also manage and serve as the Board liaison, providing members with administrative support. You will maintain a high-level of professionalism, discretion, critical thinking, and enthusiasm for your work and the organization. This position will also be required to work with the Chief of Staff and the Executive Director’s Assistant to ensure Executive Administration runs smoothly and all needs are met.
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Retirement savings plan
- Generous paid vacation, personal/sick leave, and paid holidays
- Organization’s Mission and Environment: This is a high-impact nonprofit organization in San Francisco. The environment focuses on results achieved through open communication, mutual respect, and collaboration.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5+ years of experience in a high-level executive administrative position
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Pays impeccable attention to detail and has extremely well-developed organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs, think strategically, and make good judgement calls on behalf of the CEO
- Experience in support and provision of nonprofit project management
- Possesses a friendly and approachable demeanor, positive attitude, and genuine interest in interacting with staff and Board
- Adept in all Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel), and Google Drive applications
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage internal and external communications on behalf of the CEO. Serve as a source of information and answer essential questions about the organization, as needed.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the CEO, managing multiple priorities, overseeing calendar and scheduling, and providing logistical support for meetings and appointments
- Ensure CEO is fully briefed and prepared for all meetings and consistently provide updates on schedule changes, internally and externally
- Prepare for events, including conferences, meetings, trainings, and public events
- Coordinate meeting logistics, reserving rooms, setting up conference calls and IT equipment, ordering and setting up food, etc.
- Create and maintain multiple project timelines and monitor project status
- Provide high-level administrative support for Board Members, arranging meetings, arranging logistics, preparing meeting packets, and recording meeting minutes
- Engage in donor cultivation and stewardship, participating in donor events and arranging visits to the organization, as needed
- Take leadership on special projects and tasks at the request of the CEO
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.