Do you have 3+ years of administrative support experience?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of an Executive Assistant for an Association. The position is based in Washington DC. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Farragut North)
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $17.00-19.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Executive Assistant will support the President & CEO as well as the VP of Operations for a professional association. Working as part of a small team, this person will respond to external inquiries, create and manage materials for the President & CEO including travel, calendar and preparation for Board Meetings.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 3+ years of experience in an administrative support position
- Experience with executive support and board relations preferred
- Nonprofit experience highly preferred
- Proven proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Efficient, pleasant and personable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Serve as first point of contact for internal and external clients
- Respond to inquiries from members and non-members
- Prepare detailed minutes of all meetings
- Create and develop visual presentations for the CEO and VP of Operations
- Establish, develop, maintain and update filing system for the CEO and VP of Operations
- Format information for internal and external communications – memos, emails, presentations and reports
- Submit expense reports for CEO and VP of Operations
- Prepare materials and assemble board packets
- Maintain, organize and schedule calendar of appointments for CEO
- Book travel arrangements for CO
- Act as office manager by keeping up with the office supply inventory
- Assist in managing scholarship program with oversight from the VP of Operations
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Have you heard of GROWTHtrack? Sign up today for this FREE professional development webinar designed for your professional progress at careersinnonprofits.com/growthtrack. Conducted weekly.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.