Are you an organized self-starter that wants to work with a dynamic team?
Do you have 3+ years of administrative experience working with boards?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Executive Assistant for an Educational Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $70,000 – $75,000/annually
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the President & CEO, this position is responsible for managing the daily tasks of the President & CEO and providing support to Board activities. The candidate will make meeting and travel arrangements, manage the calendar, set up conference calls and maintain files. They will be responsible for being the recording secretary to the Board of Directors, this includes coordinating the logistics and communications for the meetings and taking the minutes. The candidate will be a savvy, organized and interpersonal individual that is eager to bring their administrative background to a team of hard-working professionals.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of experience working with boards, communicating with board members and attending board meetings
- Strong administrative background, and excited to continue that work and add value to a team
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and work independently
- Excellent professional oral and written communication skills
- Tech savvy, and particularly comfortable with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Educational or nonprofit membership background preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide daily assistance and support to the President & CEO, managing their calendar, files, meetings and travel
- Serve as the organization’s recording secretary to its Board of Directors
- Plan and attend board meetings, creating the agenda, making travel arrangements, maintaining correspondence and taking minutes
- Work closely with the Deputy CEO to support committee work
- Coordinate conference calls, prepare meeting materials and internal communications
- Travel required for Board Meetings
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.