Are you passionate about nonprofits that work in criminal justice reforms? Do you have experience in finance and entry-level accounting?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Finance Assistant for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a Temp assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Finance Assistant
HOURLY WAGE: $24.00 – 29.00/hr.
DURATION: 3-6 months with the potential of permanent
HOURS: 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Finance Assistant, you will support the Finance and Accounting team through invoice management, QuickBooks AP/AR and data entry. You will assist with expense reimbursements, contract reporting and vendor communications. You will take on accounting work including making calls for Accounts Receivable and assisting in making payments for accounts payable.
- Expertise in nonprofit finance, with a passion for operations and accounting
- 2+ years of experience in a Finance and Accounting role
- 3+ years of experience in administration, including accounting support
- Exposure to project management and/or finance software, such as NetSuite and Salesforce
- Adept in all Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Pays impeccable attention to detail and is extremely organized
- Possesses a friendly and approachable demeaner, positive attitude, and genuine interest in interacting with staff
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage processing of invoices that may include relation to grants and contracts
- Process expense reimbursements on behalf of staff members, and liaise within departments
- Enter data into accounting software, supporting the finance department to ensure all donations, invoices and accounts payable/receivable are up-to-date and accurate
- Handle bookkeeping tasks and assist with audits
- Miscellaneous project and tasks, as needed and related to the finance department
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.