Are you a detailed-oriented nonprofit Accounting professional? Do you have a passion for supporting global causes around education?
We are currently in search of a Finance Manager for a Global Education Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a temp-to-perm, full-time role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Global Education Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
DURATION: Temp-to-Perm, Full-Time
POSITION TITLE: Finance Manager
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the CFO, CDO and COO, the Finance Manager is responsible for managing grants and contracts. You will work on expense reporting, annual budgets, auditing and board communications. Possessing a high level of accuracy, you will serve as a finance leader and be able to serve as a financial resource to all internal and external stakeholders, and team members. You will oversee contract negotiation processes and compliance.
- Expertise in accounting software
- 4+ years of nonprofit accounting experience, management NOT required
- Exposure to creating expense reports and auditing financial reports
- Exposure to contract accounting, a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable working in a database
- Comfortable working with department heads in an office environment, with strong verbal and written communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Overseeing accounting staff members and day-to-day financial documents, from expense records, vendor invoices, year-end processing and weekly check runs
- Management of grant reporting, analytics and process
- Maintain an organized accounting ledger and verify posted transactions
- Utilize an expert level of detail and consistently educate new employees on payment processing protocols and systems
- Track office inventory and distribute expenses to the respective department; ensure all entries are recorded in a timely fashion
- Offer guidance and support to colleagues with all departments of the organization, specifically Development and Programs
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.