We are currently in search of a Grant Writer for a highly-respected Social Justice Nonprofit Organization impacting local communities in need. The position is based in Oakland, CA.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Justice Nonprofit Organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Grant Writer
Is This Your Dream Job? Working with the Corporate & Foundation Relations Manager and collaborating with the rest of the Leadership Gifts Team, the Grant Writer will serve as a key story teller for an organization that relies heavily on institutional support, securing foundation, corporate and government grants. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and editing high quality grant proposals and managing a high-volume grants calendar. This is an ideal position for someone with some grants writing experience to grow in that area as well as in development, looking to expand their institutional giving skill set in a highly-respected nonprofit making a huge impact for its local community. If you are passionate and committed to serving and advocating for local folks in need, this could be the right fit for you!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-3+ years of grant writing and development experience, prospect research a plus
- Proven track record of securing grants, ideally corporate, foundation and government grants
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, ability to manage and communicate information quickly and accurately
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks under pressure of deadlines
- Familiarity with proposals and grant narratives, ideally in human and social service organizations
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to generate letters, grant proposals and reports and craft stories from numbers
- Experience with fundraising databases, experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Commitment to organization’s mission and values, with an understanding of diverse populations
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Generate revenue for programs and services through securing grants successfully
- Write proposals and prepare all supporting documents for a high volume of grants submissions
- Manage a robust grants calendar, along with reporting requirements and deadlines
- Perform prospect research
- Maintain current records in Raiser’s Edge database, including grant tracking and reporting
- Be a proactive and collaborative team member, providing regular updates and reports on upcoming deadlines and progress toward goals
- Additional support with fundraising events and other development needs
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Grant Writer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.