We are currently in search of a Grants & Donor Communications Manager for a Social Service Organization that impacts international lives. The position is based in Sausalito, CA. This is a permanent, full time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Sausalito, CA
POSITION TITLE: Grants & Donor Communications Manager
SALARY RANGE: $60K-$72K
Is This Your Dream Job? Working with the CEO and Development Director, this role plays a strategic function in securing foundation and corporate grants from a wide variety of organizations. Reporting to the Development Director, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and editing high quality grant proposals as well as other donor solicitation materials. This is an ideal position for someone with some grants writing experience to grow in that area as well as in development, looking to expand their institutional giving skill set in a highly-respected nonprofit making a huge impact for an international population.
You are Encouraged to Apply If:
- 2+ years of grant writing experience required
- Proven track record of secured foundation grants of $5k and up
- Excellent writing and oral communication, ability to manage and communicate information quickly and accurately
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Familiarity with proposals and grant narratives, ideally in human and social service organizations
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to generate letters, grant proposals and reports and craft stories from numbers
- Direct mail experience preferred
- Strong computer skills (particularly Word & Excel), and comfortable with a donor database (ideally Raiser’s Edge or eTapestry) is preferred
- Prospect researching skills preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks under pressure of deadlines
- Motivated, punctual, and capable of working collaboratively in a small team
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Support the CEO and Development Director in monitoring the annual fundraising plan for foundation and corporate revenue
- Perform grant prospect research for grants ranging from 4-to-6 figures
- Generate revenues for programs and services through timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented grant/fundraising proposals
- Prepare proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations
- Maintain current records in database, including grant tracking and reporting
- Create annual grants and communications calendar, with management of producing online and print communications for Direct Mail Appeals, Annual Report, Emails and Newsletters
- Be a proactive and collaborative member of a small staff team, providing regular updates and reports on upcoming deadlines and progress toward goal
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to share this, or send us a referral.
Are you in search of a different nonprofit position?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
**Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.