Are you interested in making a difference through social justice causes? Do you have 3+ years of grant management experience?
We are currently in search of a Grants Manager for a Social Justice Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Justice Nonprofit
LOCATION: Oakland, CA (opportunity to work remotely)
POSITION TITLE: Grants Manager
Salary: $80K – $90K/year
Is This Your Dream Job? A Social Justice Organization is seeking a Grants Manager to oversee all (c)3 and (c)4 grant-related activities. The successful candidate will use their excellent written communication skills to maintain and grow the organization’s grants portfolio, translating the important social justice reform work to external stakeholders. This experienced development professional will have the unique opportunity to strengthen the organization’s community of supporters as well as convey the critical work of their dedicated team. The Grants Manager will work closely with the leadership, program staff and other members of their growing development team, and will have responsibilities driving fundraising from a local to national level.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5+ Years of Experience in fundraising, 2 years in managing a grants portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; advanced degree preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience with securing grants or major gifts $100,000+
- Proficiency with Salesforce and G Suite
- Familiarity with social justice issues preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage all aspects of grant reporting, proposal submission, and calendar deadlines
- Lead grant funder research efforts
- Write grant proposals, collaborating with teams internally to collect relevant data and information to tell story of the organization
- Support Development Director and Executive Director in managing relationships and communication with grant funders
- Work closely with the Development Director to communicate project progress internally
- Working with the Development Associate, oversee tracking of funder information in the fundraising database
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.