Are you experienced providing support and resources to homeless and marginalized individuals? Are you knowledgeable about the needs of disadvantaged populations? Is your passion to help these underserved groups?
We are currently in search of a Housing Specialist for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a temporary, full-time assignment
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Housing Specialist
DURATION: Temporary (4 months)
Is This Your Dream Job? The Housing Specialist at this organization will commit to being a liaison for homeless clients to receive resources and services. You will anchor your knowledge of services that can be provided to clients, to support their needs. You are comfortable working with disadvantaged populations. You are a quick thinker, with strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bilingual in Spanish (fluent written/verbal)
- 2+ years of case management or nonprofit direct service experience
- Working knowledge of data management systems, especially Salesforce
- HS Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Passionate about serving disenfranchised communities
- California Drivers License- REQUIRED
- Program implementation experience a plus
- Friendly, approachable demeanor and leadership qualities
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Providing homeless clients with links to services
- Interfacing with clients in the field
- Gaining knowledge about the resources available to clients, to share this information with them
- Driving to clients within San Francisco and assisting them with the process to find appropriate housing
- Writing notes about your experience with clients and reviewing them with Director
- Conducting weekly updates to internal and external staff members and service providers as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Housing Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.