Do you have 5 years of fundraising experience in mid-major gifts fundraising and securing gifts over $10K?
Are you passionate about helping the lives of those in need?
We are currently in search of an Individual Gifts Officer for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Individual Gifts Officer
DURATION: Full Time (2 years paid by capital campaign then converted)
SALARY: $75,000 – 85,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Director of Leadership Gifts, this position is responsible for identifying and cultivating mid-major donors. The primary goal of this role is to advance donors from mid-level to major giving. The candidate will also manage the giving society of young professionals, helping to retain current members and cultivate new members. The candidate will be interpersonal and have a strong knowledge of effective fundraising strategies and practices. This individual will be a strategic thinker and eager to be an integral part of an expanding team of hard-working and passionate professionals that serve the community in this newly created role.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of experience in mid-major gift fundraising, with the proved ability to develop fundraising strategies
- Experience soliciting gifts over $10,000
- Can meet and exceed revenue goals
- Has managed a giving society and implemented strategies to retain members as well as recruit new members
- High comfortability with donor systems/Raiser’s Edge
- Bachelor’s Degree required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Half of the time will be spent moving prospects through major gift cultivation and coordinating strategies to exceed fundraising goals
- Build the new major gifts pipeline and identify new sponsorships
- Manage the giving society, developing strategies to retain current members and expand membership base
- Develop prospect research and move a portfolio of donors/prospects through a high-quality cultivation cycle
- Work with volunteers, donors and leaders to create fundraising and network events
- Work collaboratively with development team to meet fundraising goals
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.