We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Individual Giving Officer for a large, established and reputable arts organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Arts Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Individual Giving Officer
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Associate Director of Leadership & Individual Giving, you will oversee individual giving for all donors up to the $25K level. We are looking for a strong writer adept at project management and relationship building. This person will improve existing strategies and consistently bring forth new ideas to grow and exceed the goals of the department. This is a wonderful opportunity for a self-motivated development professional looking to grow and utilize their skills in an established arts organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-5+ years’ experience in fundraising, including individual fund development
- Organized, detail-oriented and timely in completing tasks with competing priorities and deadlines, project management skills
- Ability to strategize, research and analyze
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Responsible and flexible, with ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively
- Track record of own portfolio of donors, direct gift asks and secured preferred
- Experience managing a direct mail program
- Online and digital fundraising knowledge preferred
- Interpersonal skills and good judgement to represent the organization well and communicate with donors professionally
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with database
- Excellent ability to manage and relate to many different groups across various cultures and backgrounds
- Passion for or interest in the performing arts
- Open to performing arts seasonal work schedule (flexing schedule to work many evenings during performance seasons in the summer and fall seasons)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Design, oversee and run all aspects of individual fund strategies, including solicitations (phone, email and in-person), donor appreciation and performance events
- Develop and implement strategies for individual fund acquisition, renewal and upgrades
- Ensure timely and accurate gift processing, donor tracking, communications and meeting notes via database
- Oversee prospect research for leadership gifts
- Provide individual giving and pipeline reports and statistics; provide strategic recommendations on prospect engagements and wealth screening results
- Communicate openly and well with your development colleagues
- Partner with Communications on appropriate social media and online giving strategies
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Individual Giving Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this fad.