Are you looking for a role where you can impact the lives of Chicago youth?
Do you have a passion for being a resource to communities in need?
We are currently in search of a Lead Program Facilitator for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (Hegewisch)
POSITION TITLE: Lead Program Facilitator
DURATION: Temporary, open-ended
SCHEDULE: Full- Time
COMPENSATION:$16.00 – $18.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Lead Program Facilitator is responsible for implementing and adapting a wide variety of enrichment activities for youth in grades K-12, at multiple school-sites – during both in and after-school program settings. This person will be responsible for conducting curriculum-based activities and discussions designed to increase knowledge, strengthen self-confidence, and cultivate communication and other pro-social skills.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Education, Youth Development, Human Development Social Work, or related discipline
- 2+ years’ experience working with youth as a Program Facilitator and cultivating partnerships with community-based and/or school leaders
- Advanced fluency in English/Spanish (verbal and written) required
- Prior experience working with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of youth growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning and knowledge of equity issues facing youth of color
- Must have experience delivering culturally sensitive community and healthy sexuality programs to middle and high school youth
- Must be self-directed, detail oriented with proven written and oral communication skills, as well as group facilitation skills
- Must be a high-energy, caring, self-starter, innovative and have high level of competency in cultural diversity
- Ability to effectively maintain information for recording purposes and standards of record keeping
- Must have a valid driver license, reliable and consistent transportation and the ability, to work and travel daily, between the hours of 8am-6pm to multiple school sites
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Create, prepare for, and facilitate daily hands-on and intentional activities within our Core Essential Services (Healthy Living, Academic Enrichment and Support, Life Skills)
- Collaborate, and be in regular communication, with school-staff to determine ongoing youth needs, and opportunities to align activities to academic goals
- Provide direction to part-time program facilitators/aides including but not limited to scheduling and feedback on performance
- Develop relationships with youth & their families and provide individual support ensuring their ability to effectively engage in the program
- Ensure safety both physically and emotionally through active supervision, as they engage in program activities
- Effectively track progress in the program, using a comprehensive tracking database in support of program evaluation
- Support with the planning and implementation of special events/projects, in and out of the school(s)
- Conduct essential tasks to ensure the maintenance of program equipment and materials
- Attend regular staff meetings, training’s and work in collaboration with staff at the partner school(s)
- Provide feedback on impact of the programming to the Program Manager
- Work occasional evenings and weekends for events with program participants and their families
- Perform other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.