We are currently in search of a Major Gifts Associate for an International Humanitarian Organization. The position is based in Los Angeles, CA. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
ORGANIZATION: International Humanitarian Organization
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts Associate
SALARY: $70,000-$80,000/year + Bonus
Position Overview: The Major Gifts Associate will design, develop and implement the major gift program. Reporting directly to the Founder and CEO, the Major Gifts Associate will be responsible for raising funds for operations and the program of the growing organization. You will be responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing major gift prospects, as well as identifying new prospects. You will also have an ability to support the relationships and enhance major donor relationships through support of donor-led initiatives, such as events, and programs. This is an ideal position for a talented Major Gifts professional, seeking to utilize and grow their strategic skill sets while serving a humanitarian mission.
- Develops and manages cultivation and solicitation strategies for a portfolio of prospective and current donors
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
- Work towards securing and collecting a fundraising goal of $1M+ in annual revenue for a $5M organization
- Qualify prospects with the capacity to give at least $25K and above
- Meets and collaborates with internal contacts such as program directors and other fundraising staff to determine organizational priorities and needs to formulate strategies to promote donor engagement and to identify potential donors.
- Implement tailored donor cultivation and stewardship events when appropriate.
- Collaborate with the CEO and Founder, as well as leaders, to strengthen and expand the fundraising program
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of professional fundraising experience;
- Commitment to goal attainment and ability to engage with high-level volunteers and donors
- Demonstrated ability to establish, build relationships, and successfully secure six-to-seven-figure gifts
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create and cultivate their own leads, while also collaborating on special projects
- Strong written and presentation and oral communication skills are required;
- People-oriented, collaborative, and hardworking individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Salesforce and prospecting, a plus
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this fad.