We are currently in search of a Major Gifts Officer for a large, established and reputable social services organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
ORGANIZATION: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts Officer
Position Overview: Reporting to the Development Director, the Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for direct cultivation of a portfolio of 150+ donors and major gift prospects, developing written stewardship materials and prospect research. This position will collaborate with development and other staff on communications and outreach to donors. This is an ideal position for a passionate and talented Major Gifts professional who is a master networker, seeking to utilize and grow their strategic skill sets while serving an important cause.
- Work towards securing and collecting a fundraising goal of $3M+ in annual revenue while securing gifts of $50K+
- Meet and collaborate with internal contacts such as development team, communications team and other internal stakeholders to determine organizational priorities and formulate strategies to promote donor engagement and to identify potential donors
- Responsible for directly soliciting and securing $200K+ in revenue per year and securing visits with donors per year
- Oversee and implement strategies for consistent engagement of a segment of $500-$2,500 donors. This includes building a strong donor pipeline through direct solicitation of gifts by phone, email, events and in-person meetings.
- Prepare and implement a fundraising work plan each fiscal year, identifying activities and milestones to help achieve the larger revenue goals of the department
- Facilitate and prepare for regular contact by CDO and Development Director of organization’s most critical donors
- In conjunction with staff, coordinate donor cultivation events as well as donor recognition events, securing venues and speakers, and coordinating invitations and RSVPs. Communicate needs of donor events internally for shared sense of success in fundraising goals.
- Meet, and seek to exceed, monthly and quarterly revenue and activity goals for meaningful contact with donors and successful solicitations
- Develop knowledge of programmatic priorities and stay current on key political and legislative issues affecting organization’s work, in order to convey organizational needs and funding opportunities effectively to donors
- Passionate about social justice causes. Committed to the mission and values of the organization.
- Confidence and poise to build relationships and work effectively with individuals of significant wealth, yet have cultural humility and communicate respectfully across cultures.
- 3+ years of professional fundraising experience, demonstrated ability securing large gifts, ideally six figures and above
- Commitment to goal attainment and ability to engage and network successfully with high-level volunteers and donors
- People-oriented, highly collaborative, and hardworking individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with donor management software and generating ongoing reports, Excel.
- Experience with Salesforce is strongly preferred (or other CRM experience)
- Detail orientation around data and tracking systems
- Strong proactive sense of initiative and follow-through. Strong sense of accountability. Must be self-motivated, energetic, and have the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- This person must work occasional, non-traditional hours (nights, weekends, holidays) and be present at fundraising events. Regular and predictable attendance is assumed.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this fad.