Are you passionate about helping children and families in the DC community?
Do you have 5+ years of fundraising experience managing a portfolio of individual donors?
We are currently in search of a Major Gifts Officer for a Community and Family Services Nonprofit. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community-Driven Nonprofit
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts Officer
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $85,000 – 90,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Director of Development, this position is responsible for all aspects of the Major Gifts campaign, with a focus on donors at the $10,000 – $49,999 level. The candidate will build the pipeline for and cultivate potential donors, while retaining current donors. The candidate will oversee the full-cycle fundraising for individual donors, making asks, coordinating events, and serving as an integral member of the Development Team. This person will be excited to bring their fundraising background to a passionate team that helps families and children in the community. The candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter that has a strong sense of independence and exceptional communication skills.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in major gifts and non-profit fundraising, ideally managing a portfolio of their own, or supporting a portfolio
- Strong background in securing gifts from individuals or institutional donors
- Demonstrated experience securing 5-figure gifts and above preferred
- Can roll up their sleeves and take on multiple projects with enthusiasm, working independently and with a team
- Results-driven as well as a people-person that can work with diverse stakeholders
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with a passion for helping to support children and families
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for the Major Gifts campaign
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 60 individual donors
- Cultivate and steward individual donors to secure major gifts, tracking activities and progress in the donor database
- Identify new opportunities and prospects for donations
- Coordinate fundraising and recognition events
- Analyze portfolio revenue, assess results and data and implement recommendations
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.