Are you passionate about helping families in crisis and improving healthcare?
Do you have 5+ years of experience of securing major gifts from individuals?
We are currently in search of a Major Gifts Officer for a Healthcare Nonprofit. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Healthcare Nonprofit
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts Officer
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $85,000 – 90,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the VP of Development, this position is responsible for developing and implementing a fundraising plan for the organization, with a focus on securing individual major gifts. The candidate will build the pipeline for and cultivate potential donors. This person will be excited to bring their major gifts background to a dynamic team that helps families with healthcare needs. The candidate will be an interpersonal and flexible individual that has a strong sense of independence and can handle multiple deadlines/projects.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in major gifts and non-profit fundraising, ideally in healthcare
- Strong background in securing gifts from individuals, as well as corporations and foundations
- Demonstrated experience securing 5-figure gifts
- CFRE preferred
- Extensive donor database knowledge, NEON is preferred
- Flexible and can adapt to a changing environment
- Can roll up their sleeves and take on multiple projects with enthusiasm
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with a passion for helping families in need
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for fundraising efforts
- Cultivate and steward individual donors to secure major gifts, tracking activities in the donor database
- Identify new opportunities for major and planned gifts, with a goal of securing 4+ planned gifts annually
- Prepare strategy and proposals for meetings with donors
- Plan and execute fundraising events
- Some travel involved
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Have you heard of GROWTHtrack? Sign up today for this FREE professional development webinar designed for your professional progress at careersinnonprofits.com/growthtrack. Conducted weekly.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.