Do you have a successful background in soliciting major gifts?
Are you passionate about fundraising for a great cause?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Major Gifts Specialist for a Sports Foundation. This position is based in Bridgeview, IL and is a full time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION: Sports Foundation
LOCATION: Bridgeview, IL
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Major Gifts Specialist
DURATION: Permanent, Full – Time
SALARY: $60,000 – $70,000
Is This Your Dream Job? The nonprofit Major Gifts Specialist will work closely with the Vice President of Community Relations/Executive Director to generate significant philanthropic support for the organization. This position is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and stewarding individual and corporate prospects to drive increased revenue. This person will also work to develop and manage an Individual Donor Program to increase giving and program support.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field required
- 3-5 years of non-profit administrative, development, and major gifts experience required
- Knowledge of targeted fundraising techniques/donor software for foundations and corporations, with track record of successfully seeking and helping to close major gifts
- Exceptional communication (verbal & written), interpersonal skills and ability to manage
- Highly organized and detail oriented with proven time management skills, and experience creating efficient systems to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Possesses a spirit of flexibility, a positive outlook and the ability to work independently and move projects forward with urgency and cooperation
- Must demonstrate the mission, vision and values of the organization
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Collaborate with Vice President of Community Relations/Executive Director to achieve strategic goals to ensure progress towards organization’s objectives
- Cultivate, solicit and steward foundation partners- manage prospect lists to identify, cultivate and solicit grants and sponsorships
- Develop communications, tools, and other resources needed to manage a high-level fundraising program
- Manage major donor program focused on raising and increasing gifts
- Manage various aspects of organizations events/fundraisers
- Schedule, manage and attend regular donor meetings
- Build and maintain relationships in the community that will lead to the development of new revenue streams and greater exposure for the organization
- Oversee all marketing and communication elements of the organization and prepare effective funding proposals, reports and customized collateral for donors (Ex: social media, newsletters, etc.)
- Collaborate with organization staff to develop new fundraising ideas, program development and implementation of other program support activities for the organization
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners, sponsors and donors
- Attend all organization activities, board meetings, and other events as requested
- Administrative tasks and other duties as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Nonprofit Major Gifts Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.