Do you have experience building relationships and business in the pharmaceutical space?
Are you passionate about supporting research for illnesses and providing resources to patients?
We are currently in search of a nonprofit Manager of Business Development for a Rare Disease Association. The position is based in Silver Spring, MD. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Rare Disease Association
LOCATION: Silver Spring, MD (metro accessible)
POSITION TITLE: Manager of Business Development
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $75,000 – $85,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the VP of Development, this position is responsible for developing and executing a corporate partnership and business development plan for the organization. The role does not have any direct reports. The candidate will research, identify and cultivate relationships with current and new corporations and donors. This candidate will create strategies to grow funding, collaborate with the development team, manage proposals and oversee processes related to corporate revenue. They will be excited to bring their business development, negotiating and strategic background to this dynamic role. The candidate will be a logical, results-oriented and partner-focused individual that is willing to go above and beyond for the development team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 5+ years of progressive experience in nonprofit corporate account management and sales, experience in the pharmaceutical space required
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Experience building and implementing a sales plan with a proven track record of growing and managing a portfolio of corporate relationships
· Strong background in managing a large portfolio and forging new relationships with companies, a strong relationship-builder
· Experience with MS Office and Raiser’s Edge
· Results-oriented, compassionate, and not afraid of a challenge
· Background in working for a healthcare association a big plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Generate revenue by developing and executing a corporate partnership plan and strategy, building a strong corporate revenue pipeline
· Research, cultivate and steward relationships with current and new partners
· Negotiate, finalize and execute contracts with sponsors
· Oversee and monitor processes related to corporate revenue streams
· Work collaboratively with the development team and manage grant and funding proposals
· Identify new prospects and apply a fundraising mind to this dynamic role
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad