Do you have 5+ years of experience building fundraising strategy in the CDFI, housing, healthcare, educational or food space?
Are you passionate about supporting low-income communities and revitalizing neighborhoods?
We are currently in search of a nonprofit Manager of Foundation and Corporate Development for a Community Development Financial Institution. The position is based in Crystal City, VA and/or Oakland, CA. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI)
LOCATION: Crystal City, VA and/or Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Manager of Foundation and Corporate Development
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $120,000 – $140,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Senior Director of External Affairs, this position is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic plan for development/capitalization work, focusing on private, corporate and public sector funding opportunities. The candidate will identify and cultivate new partners and funders at the national, state and local levels. This candidate will create strategies to grow funding, collaborate with the external affairs team, and manage and write proposals. They will have a working knowledge of the community development finance industry or the sectors of housing, education, healthcare and food. The candidate will be highly independent, professional, and a strong relationship-builder that is excited to bring their fundraising skillset to this newly formed role on a dynamic and passionate team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 5+ years of experience in resource development, community development, fundraising with a proven track record of success in collaborating with foundations, large mainstream banks, and CDFIs
· Bachelor’s Degree, or additional years of experience
· Knowledge on how to expand funders in sectors of community development finance: affordable housing, community health centers, education facilities, and small businesses
· Highly skilled at writing grant proposals for complex funding applications
· Passionate about supporting and developing low-income communities
· Highly independent self-starter and relationship-builder
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Collaborate with the Senior Director and team to create and implement a national development/capitalization strategic plan
· Spearhead development work and new initiatives, serving as a key relationship manager
· Target specific geographic markets across the country to identify state and local funders
· Develop compelling and successful proposals for federal, state and local grant programs
· Oversee 1 direct report
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.