Do you have extensive experience in Marketing for Associations or Nonprofits?
Are you proactive and eager to lead an organization’s marketing strategy?
Are you passionate about communicating messages effectively to constituents?
We are currently in search of a Marketing and Communications Director for a Religious Based Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Leesburg, VA. This is a Permanent, Full-Time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Religious Based Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Leesburg, VA
POSITION TITLE: Marketing and Communications Director
SALARY: $85,000 – $105,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? The Marketing and Communications Director will be responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of company-wide marketing and digital strategies, communications, and public relations activities, both internal and external. This role will also oversee the development and implementation of support materials and services for international affiliates in the areas of capacity building resources. You will direct the efforts of the marketing and web development team, and coordinate on a strategic and tactical level across fundraising, program, and capacity building departments.
The ideal candidate is an experienced and visionary marketing professional who is excited to move the organization competitively into the digital marketplace.
- Competitive health benefits package
- Generous PTO
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Experience overseeing the design and production of website, social media, video, print materials, and publications.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of building strategic marketing, communications and public relations plans and activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; English proficiency in writing and speech; demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations, and negotiating with media.
- Experience in word processing, data base management, and page layout; knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics, Google Ads, SEO, and web traffic metrics; comfortable learning and implementing new software.
Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Thrives on meeting aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment, ability to work on and prioritize multiple short-term and long-term projects at once
- Friendly, professional, and helpful attitude.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the nonprofit or association sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Willingness to take advantage of professional learning opportunities that will increase her or his knowledge and skill base.
Marketing, Communications, and Public Relations
- Create, implement, and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations plan that will enhance the organization’s image and competitively position it within the marketplace.
- Drive all internal and external marketing, communications, and public relations materials, including editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of publications, website, and media relations.
- Lead the development of a new website and launch an integrated digital marketing strategy focused on engaging supporters and bringing them closer to beneficiaries and field work through the use of video and other online initiatives.
- Coordinate media interest that positions the organization as a thought leader in the marketplace, ensuring regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee programs, technical assistance, and resource materials to affiliate organizations and provide counsel to affiliates on marketing, communications, and public relations.
- Assure brand consistency throughout the organization’s internal and external presence.
Strategic Planning and Budgeting
- Responsible for the development and achievement of marketing, communications, and public relations mission, goals, and financial objectives, ensuring evaluation systems and progress reports related to goals and objectives are in place.
- Develop short-term and long-term organizational plans and budgets for marketing, communications, and public relations, and make recommendations to CEO and COO.
- Develop and maintain strategic direction on programs and services in coordination with senior and mid-level staff.
- Ensure organization’s mission, vision, and core values are adhered to and practiced through the organization.
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications, public relations, and non-profit marketing.
- Formulate and administer marketing, communications, and public relations policies to ensure the integrity of the organization and to protect the safety and privacy of beneficiaries.
- Lead a growing team of cross-functional marketing, communications, public relations, and web development professionals with provision for succession.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.