Do you have a passion for media and advocacy?
We are currently in search of a Media and Communications Coordinator for an Advocacy Association. The position is based in Chicago, IL This is a part-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Advocacy Association
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Media and Communications Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary, flexible
SCHEDULE: 15-20 hours per week
COMPENSATION: $14.00 – $16.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Media and Communications Coordinator reports to the Vice President of Communications. This position will be responsible for handling communication activities and coordinate various communications and media projects, drafting external-facing articles, speeches, blogs, media statements and other materials for the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- High School Diploma required, Bachelors preferred
- 2+ years of experience as a media specialist and/or writer
- Prior experience with MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Experience in CANVA, Drupal, WordPress, Slack and other web-based programs
- Experience in Meltwater, Cision and other influencer management systems a plus
- Proven ability to engage with traditional and digital media outlets with results
- Experience in disseminating information via social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Strong writing and editing skills for a variety of venues including web, social media, print, radio and others
- Exceptional knowledge of social media mediums, data analytics, digital campaign tactics
- Experience in developing and managing digital campaigns
- Attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through
- Self-starter with flexibility and good judgment
- Must have willingness and ability to participate in job-related continuous education and training at the discretion of supervisor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently prioritize, organize and complete work
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage internal communications (memos, newsletters etc.)
- Draft content (e.g. press releases) for external distribution
- Manage media relations outreach and requests
- Support the implementation of campaign plans
- Coordinate from inception various communications and media projects and effectively executes all assigned projects
- Develop graphics through CANVA
- Engage the media and builds media relations to increase awareness among journalists about equal justice
- Serve as point for social media activities including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media sites
- Update weekly content calendar
- Coordinate with staff members regarding specific projects and responsibilities
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Media and Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.