Do you have 2+ years of media relations experience?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Media Relations Associate for a Religious Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Religious Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Media Relations Associate
DURATION: Temporary (~1 month)
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $18.00 – $20.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Media Relations Associate with help monitor the media, grow press lists, pitch reporters and contribute to the overall communications strategy for a progressive religious organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 2+ years of public relations and/or communications experience required
· Superior writing skills required
· Prior experience with reporters or the press highly preferred
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Experience with media databases a plus
· Deadline driven and detail oriented
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Draft press releases
· Build relationships with reporters, rapidly responding to their inquiries
· Identify and develop newsworthy content opportunities
· Work collaboratively with the digital marketing team to maximize opportunities
· Develop media toolkits and impact reports as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.