Do you have over 3 years of fundraising experience, with a focus on corporate donors?
Are you passionate about working for an organization advocating to improve the quality of life of working families?
We are currently in search of a Membership Manager for a Research and Education Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Research and Education Nonprofit
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Membership Manager
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $70,000 – 80,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Deputy Director, this position is responsible for directing development efforts for the 501(c)3 and membership development for the 501(c)4. The candidate will develop and grow a major gifts program, with a focus on corporations. They will build and steward relationships with prospective members, donors and supporters, while overseeing prospect research and the tracking systems. The candidate will be self-motivated, a critical thinker, and someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment. This individual will be execution-oriented and eager to be an integral part of an expanding team of hard-working and passionate professionals.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of experience in fundraising and development
- A background in the field of housing is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience in major gift fundraising, specifically with corporations and foundations
- Background in membership recruiting and building external relationships
- A self-starter that enjoys open collaboration and can be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work with and motivate staff, board members, and volunteers
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Meet with prospective donors, members and build external relationships
- Develop and grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors
- Direct all of the organization’s membership development
- Oversee foundation relations and the annual fund program
- Coordinate fundraising special events
- Supervise and collaborate with fundraising staff and consultants
- Nationwide travel required (about 25%)
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.