Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
We are currently in search of a Membership Officer for an environmentally-focused organization. The position is based in Alameda County, CA (Bay Area in Northern CA). This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmentally-Focused Organization
LOCATION: Alameda County (Bay Area in Northern CA)
POSITION TITLE: Membership Officer
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director, you will oversee all aspects of membership to the organization, both administrative functions via database, website and materials as well as strategic development of recruiting and retaining members and continually improving membership experience through campaigns, benefits and outreach opportunities and conferences. This role will also oversee most aspects of journal subscription as well.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 3+ years of relevant experience in membership/development, communications, programs or operations
· Experience working in nonprofit organization a plus
· Demonstrated ability to be proactive in developing and implementing programs
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Exceptional customer service to those served
· High level of interpersonal skills and accuracy in working internally and externally as well as good judgement to represent the organization well
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Excel specifically as well as general web research and savviness
· Ability to manage and relate to different levels of stakeholders internally and externally, and in academia across cultures and backgrounds as well as vendors
· Organized, detail-oriented and timely in completing tasks with competing priorities and deadlines, project management skills
· Experience relationship-building with members or donors a plus
· Bachelor’s degree required
Responsibilities of the Role:
· Oversee mentoring program for members, focusing on maximum benefit to student and early-career members
· Develop and implement membership drives, campaigns and renewal efforts and programs supporting members’ professional development
· Prepare and implement annual renewal campaigns for subscribers and weekly digests of research published by the journal
· Point person to handle all incoming member queries and customer service questions, as well as all relations with journal subscribers
· Writing, editing and proofing copy (newsletter, email, reports, brochures and other collateral material)
· Work effectively with multiple vendors involved in delivering the content of journals to subscribers
· Ensure timely and accurate tracking and documentation of member-related updates in database including membership renewals
· Produce periodic reports that assess membership numbers
· Support efforts to raise donations from members
· Write compelling communications to update members on organizational activities
· Manage annual conference logistics and process including registration forms and documents, handling all customer service questions related to registration and managing the in-person registration desk and volunteers the day of
· Collaborate with the team to prepare for annual conference and logistics (supplies and materials ordered and sent)
· Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Membership Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Home of the #ILoveMyJob🧡 mission