Are you a self-starter with a passion for excellent customer service?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Membership Services Assistant for an Educational Organization. The position is based in Washington DC. This is a full time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Dupont Circle)
POSITION TITLE: Membership Services Assistant
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – 17.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Membership Services Assistant will be a vital part of a small team. They will be the main point of contact for membership inquiries both internally and externally. Along with providing top tier customer service they will also maintain the membership records and database.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1+ year of customer service experience required
- Nonprofit membership experience strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with an AMS or CRM database required
- Strong Excel skills required
- A self-starter with high level of professionalism and attention to detail
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Respond to all membership inquires via phone and email
- Process annual and interim membership dues billing
- Send welcome packets and messages to new members
- Run weekly and monthly reports
- Keep AMS system updated with correct contact information for all members
- Assist with compiling materials for educational programs
- Assist Membership Manager on marketing projects related to recruitment and programs
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.