Do you have 1-3 years of experience as an office assistant?
We are currently in search of an Office Assistant for an Association. The position is based in Washington DC, but will be remote until 2021. This is an ongoing, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Washington DC (Remote until 2021)
POSITION TITLE: Office Assistant
DURATION: Ongoing, Temporary
SCHEDULE: Full-Time; Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
HOURLY PAY: $16-$18
Is This Your Dream Job? The Office Assistant will be part of a 3-person administrative team and will be responsible for scheduling, event planning, catering, office supplies, and other administrative duties. They will be tasked with creating and maintaining the organization’s Salesforce database and various listservs, answering phones, and membership support.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1-3 years of administrative experience, including scheduling, event planning, and executive level support
- Nonprofit and higher education experience preferred
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Experience in MS Word, Excel, WordPress, or and InDesign preferred
- Must be a team player and adaptable
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Managing organization’s Salesforce database and various listservs
- Managing switchboard and transferring calls
- Handing deliveries and office supplies
- Planning events and setting up meetings; includes scheduling and working with vendors
- Supporting Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Office Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.