Are you passionate about supporting local causes? Do you like to interact with and engage your community, and maintain nonprofit operations?
We are currently in search of an Operations Coordinator for a Social Service organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a temp to perm assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Operations Coordinator
DURATION: 3-4 months, then permanent
HOURS: 9:00 AM-6:00 PM, flexible
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Operations Coordinator, you will be a strong collaborator and team member. You will bring your experience in finance and operations to a small, relation-based team. You work well in high pressure situations and love a challenge. You will be a strategic partner in leading operational efforts.
- Expertise in nonprofit operations and administration
- 2+ years of Nonprofit experience, especially in operations and/or administration
- Exposure to budgetary and finance tools, a plus
- Adept in all Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Pays impeccable attention to detail and extremely organized
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and think strategically
- Possesses a friendly and approachable demeaner and positive attitude
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Ordering inventory and supplies, ensuring the office is properly stocked with materials
- Maintaining vendor contracts for the building, including janitorial and building management
- Oversee appropriate mail distribution at multiple sites
- Assist with budget and finance tasks using Quickbooks
- Develop and improve office systems and protocols
- Managing email and phone communications with staff, vendors and supporting teams
- Completing miscellaneous tasks and projects, as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.