Do you have a background in conservation and/or marine ecology?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Program Coordinator for a Scientific Organization The position is based in Washington DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Scientific Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Program Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary (~6 months)
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $20.00 – $22.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Program Coordinator will assist with day to day management of initiatives and activities related to an online platform which monitors ecosystems across the globe to change the way people experience and understand natural and cultural diversity. These platforms provide critical scientific data, quantitative dashboards and emotionally engaging narratives to enable global conservation action.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Background in conservation, marine ecology, monitoring, machine learning and/or data science required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s a plus
- 1+ year of experience in a project or program management support role required
- Familiarity with project management software required (Wrike preferred)
- Familiarity with data visualization technology, digital integrations and machine learning algorithms highly a plus
- Prior experience working with people across the globe preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Support day to day management and implementation of the work plans of the platforms including:
- assisting with scheduling
- work plan development
- tracking project milestones and deliverables
- supporting the execution of contracts for services
- support the execution of in-person events
- Support organization in communication with partnering individuals and organizations for data collection, calibration, validation, etc
- Work with other team members on marketing and storytelling to achieve programmatic goals
- Conduct relevant assessments and research as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Have you heard of GROWTHtrack? Sign up today for this FREE professional development webinar designed for your professional progress at careersinnonprofits.com/growthtrack. Conducted weekly.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.